Saturday, May 15, 2010

Celebrating 27 Years

On Tuesday, I turned 27. I will admit that I was not exactly excited to be moving from my mid-twenties to late-twenties. It's quite the change! I have always enjoyed birthdays and becoming another year older. Then this year rolled around, and well that excitement was gone.


So, my birthday started out with my daughter throwing up. Lots of clean up and crying. She ended up falling asleep sitting up in my arms. Too bad I had to put all her bedding in the wash. I laid her on our bed while I set up the pack n' play, then moved her. She slept for a while then seemed to feel better once she woke up. My Mother-in-Law came with pedialyte and flowers to help me. She had not been feeling well either. Turns out, several people caught the stomach flu or something like it at our Mother's Day celebration. In the afternoon, I got a text message from Eric telling me I was not to cook dinner or do anything difficult for the rest of the day. When he got home, we went to Olive Garden, then to Andy's for dessert.
Wednesday night, I started to feel bad. I caught what Elise had. I didn't sleep well and woke up feeling miserable! My Brother-in-law came to get Elise and watched her for several hours so that I could rest & get some sleep. I was starting to feel much better by the end of the day.
Friday night was my birthday celebration with our family! It was great! We had brats and chicken sandwiches, fruit salad, chips & salsa with Ice Cream cake! I got some great gifts! I got some great sewing books! I can't wait to try out the patterns! Here they are:






This one is for my business.





I also got some cooking utensils! They are Rachael Ray.




These spoons attach to the side of the pot! It is great!



This works great for transfering veggies from the cutting board to the pan!
I also got a new cartridge for my Cricut. I've been wanting this one since I got my Cricut. It will be great for cards & invitations!






So, in the end, I had a wonderful birthday! Thank you to all my family! I am so blessed!
It's been a crazy month and it's not over! Next Wednesday my daughter turns 1! ONE! I can't believe it! Time is flying! We are having 2 birthday parties here and one when Elise & I go to Michigan. We leave next Sunday and come back the following Saturday. I can't wait to see my family. My Dad also has a birthday and my sister & brother-in-law's 5th anniversary!















No comments: