Saturday, June 26, 2010

Way Too Long

It's been way too long since I have actually blogged a real blog. I hope you enjoyed the recipes I shared! Life has been crazy getting ready to move to Colorado! We are so excited about this new adventure!

We are packing this morning, then we are heading to a wedding of our friends Corey & Amy! So excited for them! Sunday is more packing and having lunch with my sister and brother-in-law. Rex is going to take some family pictures for us. We load everything in the moving truck on Monday with the help of my brother-in-law Rex, head to Amarillo on Tuesday and will arrive at our new home on Wednesday! Our friends are going to come down from the Denver area and help us unload! Thanks Matt & Tiffany! It's going to be a busy few days!

Eric has not found a job, but has some great leads! His boss here in TX called the El Paso County Assessor's office to see if they had any opennings for him! What boss do you know that would do that for someone who just said they were leaving? Please pray that Eric would not only be able to find a job, but that it would be a job he will enjoy!

In other news! A few weeks ago we took a trip to Frisco, to go to Ikea. We wanted to buy a new dining room set. We couldn't wait because the Ikea in Colorado doesn't open until next year. Here are a few pictures of Elise helping Daddy put the table together before bed. She was such a good helper!!


I wanted to take some before and after pictures of it, because we decided to stain it!

Here is the table.

Here is one of the chairs.

This was my first experience staining! Here is the finished table!


Here is one of the chairs. I have to put the last coat on three of the chairs.


I actually really enjoyed the process. It was very relaxing. I may have to find some other things to stain or paint. I found this great blog that gives you plans to make furniture simply and cost efficient.


Every Thursday, Elise and I have lunch with my sister. We had our last lunch before we move this week. I decided to take a few pictures. Here are a few cute ones!


I really liked her tongue sticking out in this one!

I'm not sure what she was clapping about here.


Look! She really does have hair!


Last night Elise kept sitting on my lap, she does it a lot if you sit on the floor. She really likes books! She love to "read" them! It is so cute! Last night she was "reading" me God Knows All About Me. A really cute book I got her before we took our trip to MI. It was so cute! She is growing up so fast!
Well, I may not have the time to blog until after we move. We haven't set up the internet in our apartment yet, so it may be a while before I am able to blog.

No comments: