Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Life

Warning! This post is long. I'm vulnerable and honest.

Sometimes life comes at you and it comes at you hard. It's not anyone big thing. It's just a lot of little things that keep piling on top of each other until you feel like any minute it's all going to crumble.

There's a lot going on in my extended family. My Grandma and cousin had surgery last week, they are both doing well. My other Grandma and 2 uncles are in the hospital, all for serious reasons. They're all in Michigan and I'm here in Texas with only my prayers to offer. It's hard to be so far away when your families are dealing with so much.

As a SAHM of 2 with one on the way there is a lack of free time, a lack of sleep, a lack of time with the Hubs, a lack of finances and a lack of time with the Lord. I'll be honest, we weren't planning to have another child so soon and with that comes unexpected bills and unexpected questions that need to be asked. We've had to discuss if our house (that we purchase less than a year ago) is large enough for our family for now. It was never our forever home, but we had planned to be here much longer than this. We will make it work for now. We've had to discuss our family vehicle, (that we purchased less than a year ago) it will fit our whole family and grow well with us, but with the amount of time our kids will be in carseats/boosters, another vehicle could work a lot better. I've never wanted a minivan and have tried to avoid them at all cost. We will make it work for now. Which means we need to purchase 1 or 2 new carseats that will puzzle well with each other. We have enough seats, but we've never had to worry about the width of the seats until now, so the seats that we currently use are very wide and do not puzzle well.



On the flip side, and this is the side I REALLY need to focus on. I have an amazing husband! He loves us, works in a field he never planned to work in, helps with cleaning, cooking, takes care of the outside of our home. He almost always bathes the kids,  loves to spend time with them and helps put them to bed. He endures my emotional break downs in stride. I am truly blessed to have this amazing man as my husband, best friend and the father of my children.

I have a beautiful, daughter who I have been blessed to be home with for almost 4 years. She has such a fun personality and says the funniest things. She has her moments as all children do, but overall she is a smart, well behaved child who loves being a big sister and to help Mommy. She is the perfect balance of girly girl and tom boy. I often wonder how I filled my days before she was born.

My son is this cutest little guy! He's growing so fast and learning so much. He's got the most beautiful blue eyes and his smile can light up a room. He loves to be outside and is so strong for his size. He loves to snuggle with Mommy and would let Daddy carry him around all day if he had the time. It's amazing how different my children have been from birth.

Now I have been blessed with another precious boy. Mommy and Daddy may not have planned for him quite so soon, but he is a blessing from the Lord. Through him, God is teaching me so much. I worry a lot, but know in the end he is the perfect addition to our family.

We have been blessed with good health, a beautiful home, a cool family vehicle (that I LOVE!), a reliable job for the Hubs and wonderful family.

We are not perfect. We get angry, make mistakes and say things we regret, but we love each other, we stand by one another. The link isn't working, so I can't give credit where credit is due, but I wanted to share a quote I found through Pinterest:
My home is filled with toys, has fingerprints on everything and is never quiet. My hair is usually a mess and I'm always tired, but there's always love and laughter here. In twenty years my children won't remember the house or my hair but the will remember the time we spent together and the love they felt. 
I like to read this and plan to print, frame and hang this on the wall in my house.

It's so easy to dwell on the negative things in life. At least for me. I forget to look at the good things, the blessings the Lord has given me. When I take a step back and look at my life, the good out weighs the bad by a huge margin.  May I remember all these things when life hits hard. May I not take them for granted.

I hope you take a step back and look at the blessings in your life instead of dwelling on the negatives. Life is too short to let the negative hinder us from enjoying the positives. Appreciate the people around you; the ones that love you unconditionally, the ones that would do anything for you. I hope you come to the same conclusion as me.

No comments: