Friday, May 10, 2013

My 20's

Today is the last day of my 20's. In all honesty, I'm excited to turn 30. I haven't felt any dread about moving into my 30's. My 20's have been full. I wanted to take a minute and share all the wonderful things that have happened in my 20's.

My 20's began in 2003 at the end of my time as an intern at Teen Mania Ministries. Then moving back to Michigan, finding a great church there and getting involved in the the youth and children's ministries. I made some wonderful friends who I miss very much. In 2004, I attended a film school (Compass Arts Academy). In 2005, My sister got married and I moved back to Texas.

My time back in Texas began with moving in with 3 wonderful girls and getting involved with a local church. I made many more wonderful friends. 3 months after moving to Texas I met a guy that I was very attracted to. We remained friends about 6 months and began dating in 2006. We dated for 8 months and he proposed.

In 2007, We got married in Michigan and it was beautiful! We honeymooned near Mackinaw Island and had a wonderful time! Shortly after our wedding we got The Mini Pooch! Eric finished his last year of college, graduated and got a job. Four months later we decided we were ready to have kids. We anticipated it taking much longer to get pregnant, but the next month we found out we were expecting!

It was an exciting time! This was the first grandchild for my parents and they we ecstatic! In December of 2008, we found out we were expecting a little girl! The first granddaughter for Eric's parents. In May 2009, I became a stay at home mom and Sweetie Girl was born. She was tiny, beautiful and changed our life. We spend the next year enjoying our precious daughter!

In June of 2010, We decided to move to Colorado. We absolutely loved it. We had an amazing time, found an amazing church and great friends. Unfortunately Eric was unable to find a steady job and were only there for 1 year. We did find out we were expecting again and that it was a boy before we headed back to Texas in September 2011.

Little Man was born on January 31st! From the start of contractions to his birth was just a short 5.5 hours. The Hubs was in Austin for work and missed the birth by a few hours. My MIL, Sister and friend were all there to help and support me, so I was not alone. My BIL stayed with Elise until my MIL was able to take over. The Hubs drove through the night and stayed at the hospital with us. I have some amazing people in my life!

In May 2012 we purchased our first home and a new family car! In June we got The Big Pooch. In December of 2012 We found out that we were expecting a surprise #3! We waited until the new year to tell anyone. In 2013, Little Man turned 1, we found out we were expecting another boy and we have been trying to agree on a name. Baby Boy is due in August and The Hubs has been given strict instructions not to leave town anywhere close to my due date. The nurses told me I just need to camp out at the hospital when the time comes.

We lost some great people in the last 10 years and we've had some rough times. Overall, it's been great. The best years of my life! I met the most important people in my life. My amazing husband and beautiful children and anticipating the newest member of our growing family.

 Tomorrow, I turn 30 and I'm rather excited! I get to meet my 2nd son, and watch my children grow through the majority of their childhoods. I get to spend my 30's with the love of my life and I can't wait!

No comments: